University of Kansas Memorial Union
1301 Jayhawk Boulevard
Lawrence, KS 66045
Kansas Memorial Union Directory
Visitor parking is available in the Kansas Memorial Union Mississippi Street Parking Garage located just north of the Kansas Union, accessible from Mississippi Street and from Oread Avenue. Parking is also available on the street, however you should allow for walking time. Avoid parking in lots that are KU designated lots, hotel or dorm parking, as ticketing or towing may result.
Conference attendees will no longer be able to purchase parking at the time of registration.
In August 2018, the Mississippi Street Parking Garage switched to a License Plate Recognition system. Instead of using gates and pulling tickets upon entry/paying at exit, license plates will be scanned upon entrance and exit. Those parking in the garage will be able to pre-pay for parking upon arrival at pre-pay stations or by using the ParkMobile app. The charge to park in the garage is $1.75 for the first hour, and $1.50 for each additional hour, or any portion of an hour.
Using the pre-pay stations in the garage: Pre-pay stations can be found in the SW stair towers on levels 1, 4 and 5 of the garage.
Note that payment must be received within 15 minutes of entering the garage to avoid being ticketed.
- Pull into the garage and park as normal.
- Note your license plate number and proceed to one of the three pay stations.
- Choose how long you wish to park for, and pay. Pre-pay stations accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and cash. Pre-pay stations are unable to give change, so be sure to have exact change if paying cash.
Using the ParkMobile app: Visit parkmobile.io, or download the ParkMobile app on your smartphone.
- Create a profile using your name, email address, and license plate number.
- When prompted, enter the Mississippi Street Parking Garage Zone Number 3930
- Choose how long you wish you park for, and pay. Note that you are able to add and pay for additional time through the ParkMobile app without returning to the parking garage.
For more information about the KU parking garage changes, please visit parking.ku.edu/parking-garage-changes.